Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Review: Paper Planes and other Things we Lost

Paper Planes and Other Things We Lost

Title: Paper Planes and other things we lost
Author: Mindy Hayes and Michele C. Miller
Release: June 6, 2016
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 374
Where to find it:  Amazon | Bookdepository
Format: Paperback
Summary: On June 18, 1992, Flight 397 crashed off the coast of Long Island. But this story isn't about the crash. Not completely. This is a story about two high school seniors living very different lives, who share one connection: they both lost parents on that fateful flight. Slowly, letters bridge the gap between California and Pennsylvania as Ruby Kaminski and Brett Pratt find a way to remember the past while looking toward the future. This is a story about hope, paper planes, and the other things they lost. (goodreads)

Thoughts:
This book! It gave me all the feel. Apart from feels it felt so real. It felt that the authors wrote the characters perfectly and acted appropriate to certain situations AND THE FEMALE CHARACTER HAS COMMON SENSE! In certain situations. I like that there was different reaction to the event for all the characters. There isn't only one respond for the characters. Everyone is different and I liked that from the writing.
I really love the idea of the letters being send back and forth. If made me miss the idea of pen pals. Living in a electronic world there is ideas that where lost and wish that more people continue doing that.
The era of the book is also perfect. It is set in a perfect time where it make sense that they would be writing letters back and forth. I just love everything from this book. The writing didn't feel force, the reactions didn't feel fake, it was just so amazing. Maybe it was the right time to read this book or I was in the right set of mind. It was just perfect with me.
I like the relationship the characters had. I like that it was a journey for them and that they discovered themselves first before jumping into anything else. They needed to heal themselves. The supporting characters where amazing. The were not jerks. They were actual people that reacted genuine. Their reaction made sense in situation.
I recommend everyone to read this little gem. It wasn't expected. I love discovering books and hope more people read this book because it's just so beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment