Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Spider-Gwen Vol. 1 Great Power by Jason Latour


 

Title: Spider-Gwen Vol. 1: Great Power
Author: Jason Latour
Artist: Robbie Rodriguez
Release: May 24, 2016
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 136
Format: Single issues
Series: Yes - Marvel - Spider-Gwen
Summary:Gwen Stacy is back in the webs and has an all-new, all-different mystery to solve: the reappearance of the Lizard! The Spider-Woman of Earth-65 was convinced that the Lizard died in her arms along with Peter Parker. But a new reptilian rampage leaves her with doubts not only about Peter's life, but his death as well. Troubles begin to mount as the Osborns of Gwen's world make their debut, and she finds herself on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most wanted list! Perhaps some wise words from a mentor figure could help - how about Jessica Drew, the Spider-Woman of Earth-616? What lessons about power and responsibility will Jess have to share, and what use will they be when Gwen battles the Goblins?
COLLECTING: SPIDER-GWEN 1-6

Thoughts:
I just love the art in this book so much. The color schemes and the design of the characters is what really pulled me into the story line. The what if? idea was so interesting for me. I have always like alternative universe and this was just perfect for me.

I do say that this volume is a BIG step up from volume 0. Volume 0 for me seemed a little all over the place. The creators were just getting themselves started and I think that they really didn't know into what direction they were heading with it. But I think in this volume they knew the direction they were heading towards too. I think that they have more of a clear point of the story.

I really enjoyed the introduction of the new characters in this volume and the direction some of them went. It's interesting to see alternative characters from the original universe into a different story line and a different position or different characters playing roles into this universe.

I say give this volume a try. If you enjoyed it I pretty much say you will enjoy this series. It never hurts to try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment