Thursday, March 31, 2016

Nailbiter by Joshua Williamson | Review

Nailbiter, Volume 1: The Murder, Deluxe Edition

Title: Nailbiter
Author: Joshua Williamson
Artist: Mike Henderson and Adam Guzowski Release: March 22, 2016
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 304
Format: Hardback
Series: Yes
Summary: "Where do serial killers come from?" and why has Buckaroo, Oregon given birth to sixteen of the most vile serial killers in the world? NSA Agent Nicholas Finch needs to solve that mystery in order to save his friend, and he'll have to team up with the infamous Edward "Nailbiter" Warren to do it. Joshua Williamson and Mike Henderson deliver a mystery that mixes "Twin Peaks" with the horror of "Se7en"! This deluxe oversized hardcover collects the first ten issues of NAILBITER and features bonus material never before released including sketches, a process section, the original pitch, and script pages. Collects NAILBITER #1-10. (goodreads)

Thoughts

If you like horror I think you will enjoy this comic a lot. I have read Joshua Williamson's currently running comic book Birthright and I am loving every single thing of it right now. I needed to get my hands on something else that he has written. Nailbiter just came out with this special Hardcover edition of it's first 10 issues and I couldn't help it and graved myself a copy of it. I wasn't disappointed at all. This new series is just amazing. Now I am trying to get my hands at anything that Williamson writes.

This book is good to read in trades. I don't think I would have been able to read this as single issues. Each issue would have been horrible to wait for. The mystery behind the series pulls you into the story. The art in the story is great. Perfect for the story but it's really gory. If you don't really like seeing cruel gory things than this comic book series may not be for you.

What draws me into the story is the mystery of the town. Which is what the story is about. How did this town have created so many serial killers? That itself is what intrigues me about the mystery of the story. How is it that so many people in a town became such cruel people. If you like the mystery and the phycology of it all. The ending of this volume left me in a clip hanger.

I like the flow of the series also. It doesn't feel like it's dragging or if it's just being slowed down. It's a great read and recommend people to read it if you like horror novels and horror films.

0 comments:

Post a Comment